Help Us!

Back in the Nineties when I worked at the Soho Letterpress, my boss Ann would often find herself pregnant, and each time it happened, up would go a list of potential names to which anyone could add suggested names or comment on the existing names. Ann and Joe had it easy, because they were only worried about one child at a time, and if I recall correctly, at least some of the time they knew the sex in advance.
So this is an electronic version of a baby-name list. Please feel free to add comments or make suggestions, and we will look at it from time to time, and make some posts too.
As it is right now, we don't know the sexes, and I think that two middle names would be grand, but probably not necessary. Some people I know have three middle names and some have none. (You know who you are.) At this brainstorming stage, I will put all the names in a big pile, and worry about which are good for first, antepenultimate and penultimate names later. Also, one will probably have my last name and one Mildred's.
Please give us some suggestions, anything, however odd would be appreciated.
Here's what we have so far:
GIRLS' NAMES:
Asha
Ashia
Birgit
Cecilia
Chela
Chitra
Dhania
Elsa
Esme
Geeta
Greta
Ingrid
Lucero
Makda
Manveen
Maria
Marit
Marithe
Marta
Michelle
Milagros
Minerva
Natalia
Padma
Rocio
Scottsdottir
Sela
Signe
Sigrid
Siri
Sita
Thalassa
Tove
Usha
Xetsa
BOYS' NAMES
Ãge (Aage)
Andreas
Blixa
Bucky
Cartman
Clark
Damo
Henrik
Holgar
Joachin
Jose
Kai
Kaj
Karl
Kelso
Kibble
Kjell
Kutch
Lars
Marcelino
Melville
Milo
Newport
Omar-may
Ranier
Ravi
Scharpling
Sigmar
Sigvaard
Sondheim
Thomas
Tomreed
Trygve
Vandercooke
Vivek

18 Comments:
You obviously do not actually need more suggestions for names, quite a lot of good ones there. However, instead of "Vandercooke," I suggest something a bit more modern, such as "Laserprinter."
Also, not sure about different last names for the children. Would cause confusion for them and others. There is no great solution other than the whole fambly changing names to "Laserprinter."
I think that is a good idea.
Lisa would have written in "Zorg," which is from some movie, and not a sci-fi one either, but she didn't want to join the world of blogging.
I had the dream about Mildred naming the kids after the group ABBA. I think because she refers to them as A and B. But I didn't know the names until Scott told me yesterday. And I only liked one. So along with the AB theme... don't laugh... Angelina and Brad. I also like Ameila.
Keesha
i like the name Hal
_Hal
i like the name Baby
_Hal
I like ingrid and jose
because ingrid could be a viking goddess and jose a humble latino farmer... just like mildred y scott...only reversed... or up side down? I'm confused now....
but seriously, I like those two.
Hello Dolan, Hammen here with another brainstorm:
What about "Hutch"? I think that could be both girl and boy. Or if you have one of each, you could do Hutch and Butch. And depending on the personality of the kid, use either name for either.
Hammen again -- hey Dolan, what's the last name?
Because, you know, Marc Bolan (T-Rex) named his boy Rolan.
So you could have the girl, May Beltre, and the boy, Rolan Dolan.
Huh? Huh?
C'mon!
EH
I vote for Asha or Ashia :)
Winifred Hayes Beltre
Blake Hamster Gerbil
and boys: Jem, Devin, Rasmus, Townes, Babak
and girls: Anthony, Cybil, Kroot, Marta, Nuala
Andy and Candy, or Dandy and Mandy, or Randy and Sandy, or Tandy and Xandy.
Or Snake and Axolotl.
Kutch and Mancuso!!!!!
... but only if they're both girls.
Today I'm really liking Manveen and Tomreed, although not together. so, you could do:
2 girls: Manveen and Asha, Ingrid or Siri
2 boys: Tomreed and Aage, Milo or Kaj
One of each:
Manveen and Aage
Tomreed and Siri
OR use Manveen and Tomreed for middles like:
Asha Manveen
or
Aage Tomreed
...Oh boy, you guys have your work cut out for you.....good luck!
Love, Vicki
girls:
asterid
boys:
'steve' (with the scare quotes)
Shawniqua and Carlyle. Raymond and Misty. Iowa and Llewellen. This one here, and that one there. Tamara and Saffron. No Cloe, Zoe. Seantrice. Chanterelle. Baxter-boy. Matthew. He made Hanuka! Name them both matthew. Theophile, my father's middle name. Etienne. Yves. Francine. Felicia. Felice. Celia. Claire. DKNY. Rutabaga. Hockey. Rojo. Rouge. Damien. Xerxes. Captain Baby. Amos. Darius. John. Garrett. Nicollette. Is this making you sick? Dylan. Dale and that little
Timmy Dobbs. Titan. Rachael. Chickamauga. Roy. Sports Carlyle. Nicorette. Hominid. Royce. These are pretty bad. Congratulations! Write me! I no longer have youins email. We (I) love the dremel. Matthew, definately Mathieu.
Post a Comment
<< Home